Wednesday, April 19, 2023

TTM Success Again!

 

The second of my two TTM requests came in the mail yesterday!  I wasn't expecting this to come back at all, let alone in just 22 days.  

You can see on the envelope the postmark showing that this came from Los Angeles.  And who lives in LA?

Eric Karros.  I needed his autograph to complete my 2003 Cubs team collection.  His track record according to Sportscollector.net wasn't that great, but somehow I lucked out.  There are many other collectors that have a waiting time of a year or more with no card returned.

I don't know why my card came back so quickly but I'd like to think I did a couple of things right.  First, I send him a short letter respectfully requesting his signature.  In the letter I mentioned that his was the last I needed to complete my 2003 team set.  Maybe that helped.

I also used my cardboard folders with the card held by photo corners.    This is the cover that he sees before opening it up for the card.  Being polite and extra thankful can't hurt either.  Then he opens, signs, puts into the return envelope (which is the type that doesn't need to be licked) and it goes in the mail.  Its quick and easy for the player, with no penny sleeve or top loader to mess with.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the success, the card looks really good signed in blue. I don't do TTM's anymore, but I always thought that a good letter/note made all the difference when sending them.

    ReplyDelete