Friday, May 5, 2023

2003 Cubs Team Autographs

 The Eric Karros autograph that I got from him through the mail was the final player I needed to complete the lineup.  I now have cards signed by the eight position players, the top starter and reliever, and the manager.

The Cubs lineup that year went through some changes during the season.  There were injuries and trades that changed the position players.  The eight I went with were the ones that played in the post-season.  And what an exciting and then crushing post-season it was.

I tried to get cards of all the players on Cubs cards.  I was successful for ten of the eleven.  Kenny Lofton is the exception.  He only has a few cards that show him with the Cubs, so that limits the possibilities.  None of his signed cards on eBay are Cubs cards.  I also could have gone the TTM route with him,  but he charges $60 per card to sign.  Nope, no way will I send that much on Kenny Lofton.

This is the way I went.  It was a $15 card, which is plenty enough.  But it is certified and it doesn't show him with any team. That works for me.

I ended up with five certified signatures, one TTM, and five that I hope are legit but have no way of knowing for sure.



1 comment: