Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Another Crossed Off the Most Wanted List

 I am really on a roll.  For the fifth consecutive month I've been able to knock a card off of my most wanted list!



This month's acquisition is a 1971 O-Pee-Chee card of catcher J.C. Martin.  I left some border in the scan of the front so you can see that the card is not in the greatest condition.  The high numbers from the 1971 set are very difficult to find, so condition wasn't a big concern to me.  If I wanted this card in better condition I could have paid $127.49 for the one currently listed on eBay.  I choose to pay a fraction of that for mine.  I'm just happy to have another most wanted in hand.

I still need two more from 1971 OPC, Ernie Banks and Phil Regan.  Hopefully I'll be able to get the Regan at a decent price like I did with Martin.  For Ernie, though, I have no illusions of getting the card at a decent price. 



1 comment: