Thursday, October 26, 2023

Fred McGriff HOF Postcard

 I should have picked this up back in July but totally forgot.  I was focused on Pat Hughes going into the Hall of Fame and forgot about Fred McGriff, who spent a season and a half with the Cubs.

The Hall of Fame has been putting out these postcards for years.  I have one for each of the Cubs that have been inducted, whether it was Tony LaRussa, who played in just one game for the team, or Ernie Bank, with 2,528 games played as a Cub.  I have also included Bill Veeck, who never played for the team but was in the front office in the 1930s and was instrumental in getting the Wrigley Field ivy planted.

All together, there are 54 Cubs with a plaque in Cooperstown, and they fit nicely into a 6 x 9 mosaic.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this collection. It looks even better as a 6x9 mosaic. I'm not sure that 55, which will be a 5x11, will look as nice. 7x8 should look okay. 57 though. What will you do then? 3x19?
    Do you have a Buck O'Neil postcard? I can only zoom in so far, but from what I can tell he is absent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man! I don't have one for O'Neil. I did a post on him when he was inducted, but totally forgot to get the card. One is now on the way, along with a 5x11 mosaic!

      Delete
  2. I always love how things look in these groupings of yours. And this one is especially impressive!

    ReplyDelete