Wednesday, October 25, 2023

WW vs. Topps, Update Edition



 All season long I made cards for players that didn't have a Topps card.  There were five players that I made a card for that got a card in the Update set.  Let's see how I did compared to Topps.  My cards are on the left, the Topps card is on the right.

 

Miguel Amaya - We both used the same headshot and it looks like we got pictures from the same game.  Topps cropped a bit tighter while I elected to show his full swing.  I call it a draw.

 

Michael Fulmer -  Again, the same headshots were used by both of us.  I went with a picture of him batting, which is a rarity for any pitcher these days.  Topps went horitzontal, which is always a loss in my book.  I'll take this one.

  

Eric Hosmer - Same headshots and again, I went with the full stance while Topps did a closer crop.  But at least in mine you can see his whole face.  I'll take this one, but it is close.

 

Matt Mervis - For the fourth time we share the same headshot.  But, for the first time ever, my card has the same picture as the Topps card!  They just cropped a bit tighter.  I'll take the win on this one because my card came out five months before the Topps card.

 

Nelson Velazquez -  Shared headshots and it looks like, shared event.  My card has Velezquez celebrating his go-ahead grand slam hit on April 11 while the Topps card has his swing (look at the fan just above his headshot already cheering).  I'll take my card because it shows more personality.

My final tally is... WW 4, Topps 0, 1 draw.

What say you??

1 comment:

  1. Haha you used my Short Print suggestion for Fullmer! I agree with that pick wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete