Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Didn't Really Want This Card...

....but I'm a team collector and I try to complete the sets.

Among the 2010 Topps inserts is the Peak Performance set.



There was one Cub, Alfonso Soriano, among the regular cards.









Four Cubs had jersey cards and I picked those up pretty easily, too.

But then I saw the checklist for autographs, and included on the list was Milton Bradley. Why in the world was he included in a set called "Peak Performance." Bradley never got going last season and his stats were not very good. I think most Cubs fans feel he peaked when GM Jim Hendry suspended him for the last two weeks of the season.

When Bradley was traded in the off-season, it was good riddance. But, as I said at the beginning, I'm a team collector, and this was a Cubs card. I felt a collectors obligation to get the card, even though I don't like the player.

My first look at ebay saw the card going for $6 - $10 dollars. That was way more than I was willing to pay. So I was going to be patient with this one. It took about two weeks to find an auction that flew under the radar. So for the price of only $2.25, I got Milton Bradley's autograph.



I feel a little dirty, but I got the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment