Friday, March 16, 2012

And The Ernie Goes To...

Since Ernie's line is "Let's Play Two," I guess its appropriate that we award two.



The voting for the best Friday Flick ended at noon yesterday and there was a tie between..



....Major League and



....Field of Dreams.

I think the voters got it right. These are two completely different movies, but they are both great baseball movies. You want mindless comedy, take Major League. Want something with more soul, Field of Dreams is for you. Either way, you can't go wrong.

After two years of Flick Friday, I've just about run through my baseball DVD collection. But I'm not ready to end the feature. I'll get to the last couple next winter, and then add a few newer ones. Right now we've got real baseball to watch; come next January, as the snow starts to pile up, I'll fire up the DVD player and enjoy some baseball, Hollywood style.

No comments:

Post a Comment