Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My One and Only 2012 Relic

After getting all 18 Cubs relic cards last year, this is the one and only that I've got so far this year...



...and it's not even a player on the team. Carlos Pena was a one-and-done Cub. He made $10 million last year, put up decent power numbers but no average, and was not resigned.

So why did I bother getting this card?

It my new plan: Get one relic of any Cub player as they are made. Like Pena, I'm going to be one-and-done. I figured I don't need more than one little piece of cloth. So I'll get the first card that's made for a player and just add it to the relic collection. Topps didn't put out a relic of Pena last year, so I got this one.

Starlin Castro and Ernie Banks are the other Cubs on the checklist. I don't need the Castro card. The Banks? That I may grab for the player collection if I can find one at a decent price.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment