Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Thanks, Tom!

Fellow  Cub fan Tom from Waiting 'Til Next Year is one of the most giving bloggers out there.  I too was a recent recipient of his generosity.


Tom emailed me and told me not to get this 2015 Leaf Heroes of Baseball Billy as he was going to send it my way.  That was pretty easy for me since I wasn't even aware the card existed.  Leaf has a real nice full bleed color shot of Billy at spring training.  I'd guess this would be from 1969 or 1970.  All the card needs to be perfect is a C on his helmet.


It's amazing to me how much a single little detail missing from a card makes it look so unusual.  I guess we're so used to seeing the logo on the helmet that when it's gone our brains start to short-circuit.  Adding the C makes the card near-perfect.

Tom also sent a few Rynos to add to my growing Sandberg player collection.

 

 

There's a couple Topps stickers and a couple oddballs.

Thanks for everything, Tom!

1 comment:

  1. Man, that Cubs logo on Billy's helmet sure does finish off the card right. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete