Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Baseball Wit Complete Set

Back in August of 2014 I picked up a team set from the game Baseball Wit.  The cards came from a game you played with baseball questions on the back of each card.


The game got the best of my curiosity and so I decided to buy the entire set.


This is what the original package looks like. The box calls the cards "rare baseball photo cards."  It's been 26 years since the set was released and you can buy most of the cards for 18¢ each at Sportlots, so I wouldn't consider them to be "rare."

The game was approved by the players association but it must have had MLB's blessing too since there are logos showing on the cards.  The game also had the involvement of Little League Baseball.  Nothing like using the kids to make a buck!



Here's a look at the back of the box, which has the rules of the game.  After reading the rules I now know what there are no names on the front of the cards.  You can earn points by identifying the player on the front or by answering one of three questions on the back.  Ron Santo is worth seven points while Nolan Ryan and Orel Hershiser are only a point each.

I seems like a poor mans version of Trivial Pursuit.  But I'd rather have cards than slices of a plastic pie and with Baseball Wit you don't have to worry about...



...the Moors or the Moops.

2 comments:

  1. It's a typo. Nice to see Ronnie getting some respect somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post inspired me to read some of the trivia questions on COMC. Good stuff. Might need to bust open the set I picked up a few years ago. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete