Wednesday, July 7, 2021

My Newest Cubs Program is My Oldest Cubs Program

 I was recently able to pick up a really old Cubs program at a decent price.

This is the 1940 program.  My previous oldest was from 1941.  I need two more to complete the 40's and then I'll have at least one scorecard or program from 1940 to 2021.

This edition has eight pages plus a scorecard stapled to the middle. Charlie Root is on the cover and he has a "No, the Babe did not call his shot off of me" look on his face.

Root was not the only Cubs player featured on the cover.  I have no idea what the total number of players is, but through my digging around I've found eight different versions of the cover.








In addition to Root, we've got Larry French, Bob Collins, Jimmy Gleeson, Vance Page, Glen Russell, Phil Cavarretta, and Gabby Hartnett.  While I'm not planning to buy any more than the one I already have, I am interested in finding out if there are more than the eight covers I've found so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment