Monday, July 5, 2021

Really Robel??

 I mentioned on Saturday that Brailyn Marquez is this year's Robel Garcia.

You remember Robel Garcia, don't you?  Topps made it impossible to forget him as cards of him seemed to show up in just about every one of their 2020 products.

I ended up with 18 cards of a guy who didn't play a single inning for the 2020 Cubs, a guy who spent 2020 with three different organizations, a guy who had been with two more organizations this year and is hitting a robust .197 for the Astros.

My thoughtful boys got me a Cameo video from Pat Hughes for Father's Day.  Cameo if full of stars willing to take your money and make you a video.

And look who else is on Cameo.... Robel Garcia.   

He'll talk to you for a mere $55.  I wonder if he will make a video apologizing for clogging up all the 2020 products.

1 comment:

  1. Just when you thought it was safe to read Wrigley Wax...

    The last game we went to was against the Pirates and Robel had probably the biggest game of his career. My kid saw him signing after the game and immediately took his ball there to get an autograph, to which he was successful. So he's kind of a name in my house even though I'm in complete agreement with you baseball card wise.

    ReplyDelete