Monday, December 19, 2022

Christmas Goodies From Reader Chad... Again!

 


This box from reader Chad arrived at the Wrigley Wax World Headquarters last week.  Each year since 2014 he has generously sent me a box of Cubs cards.  It is always an amazing collection of cards and I am very grateful to him.  

I am going to take a few days to show all the different cards he sent to me.  In today's post I have a bunch of discs.


This isn't a card, its a coaster.  Schlitz was a Cubs TV sponsor back in the 60's and early 70's.  I remember an old TV commercial that Leo Durocher did for them.


This comes from Panini's Cooperstown Collection in 2013.  It's their take on the 1909-1911 Colgan gum disc.


He actually sent me two of these 1989 Cadaco discs, saying that there is an A version and a B version, but couldn't tell any difference between the two.  He was correct.  The two discs he sent me are identical.  


I did some digging and found that the difference between the two versions is that one list the team name 




These come from Fleer's 2003 Hardball set.  They are all inserts to the base set, none of which I had.


Ryno's glove placement on this 1994 Oscar Mayer disc is perfect, covering the Cubs logo so they didn't have to remove it.  All they had to do was take out the C on his hat.


Upper Deck's 2003 Standing O set had die cut parallels, and this is the one for Mark Prior.



Finally, a big Sportflics disc from 1987.

Let's have a big round of applause for reader Chad and these great round cards he sent me!

1 comment:

  1. That 1987 Sportflics Superstar Discs of Sandberg is sweet! I've been looking for a cheap Gwynn from that set for years.

    ReplyDelete