Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Only One More Program To Go!

 I started collecting Cubs game programs a couple of year ago.  The collection starts in 1982, when the new Tribune ownership began selling game programs in addition to the traditional scorecard.  Over the years there were from two to four programs for each season.  That changed in 2010 when the large programs were replaced by smaller Scorecard Extras that were issued monthly.  

My collection consists of all the programs from 1982 through 2009, and just one of the monthly issues from each 2010 - 2019.  There were no programs in 2020 since there were no fans at the games.  Any type of game program disappeared post-pandemic.  I also have a program sold at each post-season series.

This is the 2015 NLDS program, my most recent addition.  It has not been easy to add.  Over the past two years I've only seen it listed on eBay twice.  Once, a couple of months ago, one showed up at a fairly high BIN price.  I decided to wait a little to see if the price would drop.  Instead, the program was sold.  Luckily, another was listed soon afterwards at a more reasonable price. I pounced on it.

I'm now down to needed just one more to complete my collection.  The missing program is the first issued in 1990.  I have never seen one listed.  I have no idea what the cover looks like.  I'll just keep waiting until one shows up.

1 comment: