Saturday, March 24, 2018

World Series Autograph Collection Completed!!

Not too long ago the Cubs dropped Justin Grimm from the roster.


Not too long ago I added Justin Grimm to my autograph roster.

Grimm was the last of the 2016 Cubs needed for my World Series roster collection.  This 2010 Elite Extra Edition is his only certified autograph.  The two available on Ebay were priced higher than I was comfortable with.  Then two things happened.

First, a third was listed as an auction.  This was my chance for a bargain!

No it wasn't.  Two buyers got into a bidding war and within a day the high bid was steep.

But, one of the two Buy It Now cards had a price drop. In fact, the price of the BIN was below the price of the card in the bidding war.  I grabbed the BIN ASAP.


Here are the autographs I've got of each member of  the Cubs World Series team. 

This was a fun project to complete.

I hope I get to do it again!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! I still need the Grimm and a few others. FYI, that was not me in the bidding war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! This is seriously impressive! Great group of autographs to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing this awesome project! Any special plans to display the project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. I am still a bit away from mt 2005 auto build. Glad you were able to knock it out fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! My own project has stalled since some 2008 phillies haven't had any certified autos that i know of.

    ReplyDelete