Saturday, February 13, 2021

2007 Cubs Program Cards??








The 2007 Cubs game day program arrived and I can see if the cards are regular cards (like in the 2008 program) or if it comes from a special set.

But first, I have a slight diversion.


The seller included the ticket from the game, and if you look, there is a Hall of Fame medallion pictured.  Look again to see who is pictured.


Billy Williams, my all-time favorite Cub!  That was a happy little coincidence.  

Now back to the program and the baseball cards included.


This is what was inside, an Upper Deck card of Carlos Zambrano.


The front is identical to the base Upper Deck Zambrano card.  Now the big question -- is the back different or is this just a base card?


It's different!  Look in the upper left hand corner and you'll see that the card is numbered 2 of 2.  Now the trick is to figure out who has card #1.  I looked at the listings of the other 2007 programs, but none mentioned or showed the card on the inside. 

The book I have is the second edition.  I messaged two sellers who have the first edition listed and asked if their books had the card inside.  Both responded that they have a card of Alfonso Soriano.  The only way to see the back of the card is to remove it from the book and I didn't feel I could ask the sellers to do that.  Instead I bought the cheaper of the two listings.

Once I get the book I'll be able to see if Soriano is card #1.  The other scenario is that there were two cards with each edition.  I'll have to keep an eye on future listings to see if any player besides Soriano or Zambrano show up.

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting find. Also, if I'm Zambrano, I have that picture blown up and hanging on my wall. It looks like he broke that bat on his back after a thunderous swing. Pretty impressive look for a pitcher, even for one known for his power.

    ReplyDelete