Friday, March 4, 2022

1935 Cubs Scorecard

 My scorecard collection keeps growing as I continue to pick up cards from the 1930s.  With the addition of today's from 1935 I now have 1932, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1938, and 1939.


Once again we have Blue Valley Butter as the cover sponsor.  The Blue Valley ad is the same one that was used on the cover a year earlier.  The top of the card was changed, however, so we don't twins.

I don't know why we have to be quiet about the beer... prohibition was over.  And the beer that the ad is for, Prima, is hardly mentioned. You have to look at the small print on the bottom.

The coloring on the inside of the card really does look like this, with the top aged and yellowed much more than the bottom.  I'm not sure why that happened.

The small car ad in the bottom center of the top page is for Auburn.  That was a high-scale car brand in the 1930s. and it is a brand long-gone.  Auburn, Indiana, the home of the automaker, is about 45 minutes from my house and I've visited the Auburn Automobile museum a few times.  Its a interesting place and any old-car enthusiast should see it.

The pop on the bottom left, Green River, is a Chicago favorite and still available today.  It's the favorite of my three boys and my mom will get it for them for their birthdays.  

Are any of you familiar with Green River?

2 comments:

  1. Still make Green River floats around st Patrick's day

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you purchase your scorecards? great collection
    cubvic

    ReplyDelete