Friday, March 18, 2022

2022 Topps Opening Day Cubs

 Topps 2022 Opening Day set came out a couple of weeks ago. As usual there are 220 cards in the set.  Opening Day is also a preview set because you get to see players that weren't included in series one.  I usually got to see four or five new Cubs cards. 

Not this year.  There are just six Cubs in the set and four of the six were in series one.  I guess I should be happy with six cards since there were just five Cubs in the 330 cards of series one.

 It took me just two Sportlots sellers to pick up the six Cubs cards.

The first four are the series one guys.

 

 

The two not in series one come next.



The Madrigal card is a total Photoshop job since he was injured when the Cubs got him from the Sox and didn't play an inning.


4 comments:

  1. Still haven't seen any 2022 retail on the shelves up this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to put together a regular Topps set every year. Something fun to do. But the scarcity of cards at retail and the prices of hobby boxes has become ridiculous. Now I come to this site just to see the new Cubs cards. I have been, very slowly, putting together a 1978 Topps set to scratch that itch. But buying the new stuff is no longer on my radar. Maybe in a few years if the Cubs can replicate their farm system from the early/mid 2010s. Until then, I'll live vicariously thru WW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, I meant 72 topps. Finished the 78 Topps many moons ago.

      Delete
  3. Blaster boxes of Opening Day popped up on the Target website earlier in the week. I was able to get a box and opened it today. Got all 6 Cubs, so that's good. I'm also glad I just got one box because I didn't know there's 22 packs of 7 cards in a box! I'm glad Topps didn't raise their prices like Panini did.

    ReplyDelete