Monday, March 14, 2022

Another Pack on the Wall

 I've been looking for 2022 packs of Topps at the local Walmart, Meijer, and Walgreens with no success.  So I broke down and bought a two-pack blister off of Ebay.

The packs arrived safely.  One was ripped and inside were two Cubs cards.  

 

Talk about a lucky pack.  With only five in the series, it was quite a coup to net two of the five in a single pack.  And it got even better.

A silver version of Ian Happ.  I've never seen sliver cards scan like this before, turning red.  But yes, trust me, this is the silver version.  So in one pack I get 60% of the Cubs in the set.

The second pack was not to be opened.  It goes up on my wall, where I have 54 years worth of packs, from 1969 - 2022.

My three shelves are now officially full.  Next year I'll have to go to shelf number four.  And if you'd like to see how the collection has grown over the years, below is a GIF showing the wall in 2009 and then 2012 to 2022.

2 comments:

  1. I always look forward to the ceremonial Pack on the Wall post! Lucky pack too, I'd imagine you were upset upon seeing the open pack at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he meant that HE ripped it, not that it was ripped before it arrived.

      Delete