Saturday, November 24, 2012

2012 Heritage High Number Cubs Team Set

Topps put out a 100 card, $100 Heritage high number set this year. Only 1000 sets were made, and Topps sold out pretty quickly. I thought about buying a set, but only for a couple seconds. I saw the checklist and counted the Cubs.

Or more correctly, I counted the Cub. Yup, only one Cub made the checklist. The other 29 teams can share the remaining 99 cards, the Cubs have claimed one.



Bryan LaHair was the lucky Cub to make the list. I'd assume it was because of his strong first half and All Star appearance. It probably wasn't because of his second half slide and Rizzo-induced bench stint.

And now LaHair has been DFAed and is on his way to Japan. Sayonara and good luck, Bryan.



8 comments:

  1. Wow, only ONE Cub? I thought it was lame when the Padres only had TWO reps (Edinson Volquez and Andrew Cashner). Didn't know LaHair had been DFA'd. When he started out strong, I heard about how great the lineup would be once Rizzo joined the team and Bryan moved to the outfield. Guess that didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rockies only got one representative too and that was Jamie Moyer who was released in June. I am used to my team being forgotten, but I am surprised that the Cubs were in that category also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. and Micah Hoffpauir! I believe he is still over there as well.

      Delete
  4. Geez, they should have cut down on the number of freakin' Red Sox cards in the set I guess, eh? Off the top of my head, I think there were at least six.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the Cubs DID have 53 different players this season. They should have had their own update series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was only one Phillie in the set as well. Therefore, it looks like 27 teams split the remaining 97 cards.

    ReplyDelete