Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Huge Haul From Reader Michael

Several weeks ago I got an email from a long-time reader, Michael.  He was in the process of paring down his collection and offered to send some cards my way.  I've already been the recipient of his generosity and I gladly accepted this latest offer.

He was serious when he said he was paring down, because look what arrived at the WW World Headquarters:



Wow!!  That's 480 cards!  Thank you Michael!  I broke the cards down and here's what I got:

Year Brand Cards
1968 Topps 2
1985 Fleer 29
1987 Donruss 9
1989 Donruss 25
2005 Bowman 19
2005 Bowman Gold   16
2005 Timeless Treasures      3
2006 Bowman 11
2006 Chrome 13
2006 SP Legendary Cuts 12
2007 Bowman Heritage 12
2012 Gypsy Queen Mini 8
Player    Assorted non Cubs 46
Player Assorted Cubs 16
Player Ernie Banks 3
Player Andre Dawson 17
Player Mark Grace 30
Player Greg Maddux 59
Player Rafael Palmeiro 26
Player Ryne Sandberg 107
Player Sammy Sosa 17

Many of the cards were already in my collection.  They will probably end up with my third and fourth graders.  Baseball cards make great prizes and my kids are learning to like getting Cubs cards as much as Tigers....especially if they hope to make it to fifth grade some day!!

But there were many that I'd never seen before.  Some will go into my player collections...I'll have those tomorrow.  Today, I've got some of a couple players that I don't collect, Mark Grace and Sammy Sosa.




I'm not sure what I'll do with them.  I doubt I'll start player collections for these two.  And I'm not sending them to school.  For now, I've got a new box for miscellaneous Cubs.

Thanks Michael for getting the box started!

6 comments:

  1. Nice Haul! Maybe reader Michael will contact me one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in agreement. I hope Michael finds my blog if he has some Mariners cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great additions!

    Although I've never commented, I've been reading here for about a year now and I've got a good sized Grace player collection. I don't know if I have anything you'd be interested in, but perhaps we could work out a trade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark...thanks for reading. I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass on more Grace cards. Right now I happy with the five players I collect and I'm not looking to add another.

      Delete
    2. Ok, my post was written pretty unclearly--sorry! I was hoping I might be able to get some of the Grace cards from you :) I don't know if I'd have anything you want in return but since you're not planning on collecting Grace I'd love to take any and all off your hands!

      Delete
    3. Duh...now I've got it. Shoot me an email with you address and I send you some Grace!

      Delete