Monday, November 12, 2012

Ryno Update Patch

After getting my 2012 Update Cubs in one big shipment, I was left with only one card to chase...


....the Blockbusters Hat Logo Patch card of Ryne Sandberg.  The card is the companion to the 


....regular Blockbusters card.  Again I have to point out that the headline in 1982 was not "Cubs Get Sandberg" but "Cubs Get Bowa."  The card is a bit of revisionist history.

Topps did a good thing with the Hat Patches this year...they really cut down on them.  They didn't show up until the Update set, being left out of Series 1 and Series 2.   I think they could skip them completely next year and most collectors wouldn't miss them.  I know I'm tired of them.

1 comment:

  1. Not only am I tired of them, I didn't even bother to pick any up. They're meaningless

    ReplyDelete