Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tile Tuesday: 1992

To make today's tile I set the...


...wayback machine to twenty years ago, 1992.  We are smack dab in the middle of the junk wax era.  It was from this year that I've got the most Cubs cards.  There are 482 cards in today's tile, all of my 1992 Cubs cards.  And I'm sure that these are just the tip of the iceberg.  I only collect team sets and I like to have at least ten cards in a set.  I'm sure there are plenty of smaller sets that I've not bothered to chase.

As it is, the cards are arranged by the set name.  Included are Action Packed, Ernie Banks Player Collection, Bowman, Classic, Andre Dawson Player Collection, Donruss, Fleer, Fleer Ultra, Leaf, Pinnacle, Ryne Sandberg Player Collection, Score, Stadium Club, Star, Studio, Team Issued, Team Issued Old Style, Topps, Topps Kids, Triple Play, Upper Deck, and Billy Williams Player Collection.

 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Peabody and Sherman! Oh and cards. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bystander: "Oh look, it's a boy and his dog!"

    Mr. Peabody: "No, in this case, it's a dog and his boy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paul-
    I spotted an Andre Dawson card that I have never seen before. 3rd image, Row 9, last card in the row - what is that??

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian...that card is from the set the Cubs gave away at Wrigley Field.

      Delete