Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tile Tuesday: Tinker to Evers to Chance

They aren't baseball's best double play combination, but they're among the best known, forever immortalized by Franklin Pierce Adam's 1910 poem, Baseball's Sad Lexicon.

These are the saddest of possible words:
"Tinker to Evers to Chance.
Trio of bear cubs, and fleeter than birds,
Tinker and Evers and Chance.
Ruthlessly pricking our gonfalon bubble,
Making a Giant hit into a double –
Words that are heavy with nothing but trouble:
"Tinker to Evers to Chance." 

It seems that if a card maker issues a card of one of the three, they generally end up with a card for all three.  Today's tile will show just that.  I've got 48 cards of the trio.  Most are in sets of three.

The top row is my three authentic T206s and three relic cards, though there are two Evers and no Chance.

The next five rows are various threes.  The seventh row has two of the three.  And the bottom row has reprints of other T206 cards of the three.



2 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite Tile Tuesday so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree with hpward. I even have a few of those. Although I'd trade nearly all of my collection for that top row!

      Delete