Friday, March 18, 2016

2016 Donruss Cubs

This is one of those "I have to" rather than an "I want to" sets.  I wasn't much of a Donruss fan back in the day and I'm even less of a fan of the Panini non-licensed version.

But...

A complete run needs to be a complete run.

So here you go.

The 195-card set has the usual 30 Diamond Kings, 15 rated rookies, with the rest of the set being the regular players.


Jake Arrieta is the Cubs Diamond King.


Kyle Schwarber made the rated rookie list.

The rest of the Cubs would be the players you'd expect to see...Arrieta, Bryant, Fowler, Lester, Rizzo, Russell, Soler,

 

 

 


...and Sandberg.


Sandberg???  Yup.  The last 17 players in the set are retired players.

2 comments:

  1. I know at some point it has crossed my mind, but it was clear this morning looking at the Donruss "team set" that no logos on cards is just bizarre and bad. I'm not sure what the point is to airbrush uniforms. It would be one thing if they did more of the Studio motif and got away from the game-action photos. But just stock photos with full pinstripes and no color is just awful. Other than player collecting, I don't see the point. Even the inserts are lost...

    ReplyDelete