Monday, March 28, 2016

BOOM! Nailed It First TIme Out!!

I saw on the message boards and a few blogs that Topps and Walmart have teamed up with a set of cards that come in Walmart's Marketside Pizza.  As far as I can tell, this is the first time Topps has teamed up with a food company since the Quaker Oats cards of 1986.  That's a 30 year famine.

When Mrs. WW went shopping on Saturday, I gave her an assignment...look for the baseball version of Marketside pizza.  I wasn't expecting much since things seem to come slowly to Sturgis.


But lookie at what she brought home.  This stuff isn't Vito and Nick's, but then Vito doesn't give out baseball cards.  She told me there were three boxes in the store, and she kinda went back and forth before grabbing this one.

I opened the box and under the pizza was a foil wrapper....the cards.  There are five cards in the pack...

   

....a coupon card (that's the front and back)...


....a Topps bunt card, and three player cards.

Like the title of the post says, we nailed it!

 

These two, well, who cares?  OK, Yankee and Rockie fans care, but I don't.

This is what I care about....

 

Kris Bryant!  I thought that I'd have to eat a lot of mediocre pizza or pay a high price on Ebay for this.  Instead, Mrs. WW grabbed it first try!

Are there other Cubs in the set?  Don't know.  In fact, I haven't seen a checklist yet.  If there are more Cubs, I'm sending Mrs. WW out again...or maybe I'll send her to Vegas instead.  She's on a roll!


11 comments:

  1. Wow! Mrs. WW must have the magic touch. Instead of sending her to Vegas, would you mind her coming to P-town to pick out my box? I need one of those Bryant cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should put the others up on Ebay, as most of them have a $9.99 price on them. Pay for the pizza a couple of times over!
      Oh, and there's at least one more Cub in the set: Kyle Schwarber. And his card is not listed at the aforementioned price. Ouch.

      Delete
    2. Looks like we'll be buying more pizza

      Delete
  2. My town has a lot of supermarket options so I rarely go to Walmart. After seeing this post I may have to reexamine that thought process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's a sweet Bryant! BTW, Topps did Post cereal cards in 2001 and 2002 at the very least. Not sure if there's been anything since then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you didn't go into Walmart yourself it doesn't count. There must be suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. WW deserves the last slice from that pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's luck. Awesome to get KB. Just seen the checklist. It's 50 cards and the only other Cub is indeed Bam Bam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is 1 Kris Bryant listed on e-bay for $80.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just looked at the checklist and after seeing you pull the KB... you got me to nibble. How much was the pizza? And how did it taste? If it's Costco quality pizza or better... I'm heading down to Walmart right now and that's saying a lot, because I'm not a fan of that place.

    ReplyDelete