Tuesday, March 2, 2021

2008 Cubs Program #2 Cards??

 There were two issues of the Cubs 2008 program and both advertised a collectors card inside.  A few weeks ago I showed that the first issue contained cards from the Cubs Topps factory set.

What about the second issue?  Does it too have card from the factory set?  Curiosity got the best of me, so I picked up a copy to find out.


Here's what we have and that is not a Topps factory card!


We have a custom card made by the Cubs!  It shows the Cubs All-Stars, a team-record eight players plus Lou Piniella.  I've never seen the card before.  Its not listed on the Trading Card Data Base nor are any copies listed on eBay.  Thousand must have been made for the program, but I suppose most are still attached to the inside.

Well, at least one has been removed!

No comments:

Post a Comment