Monday, January 9, 2023

Growth of the Cubs Collection Through 2022

 It's been a couple of years since I've done one of these posts showing the growth of my Cubs collection.  I do the Random Cubs Cards every Sunday and in those posts I mention the number of my Cubs cards.  That gives me a decent record of how the collection grows.

This graph shows the number of Cubs cards since 2009.  My total now is at 20,919.  The line shows the nice stead progression over the years.  

I added 1,227 Cubs cards in 2022.  Just 332 of those were from 2022 releases.  That is the smallest number of cards from the current year since I added 304 cards from 2007 fifteen years ago.  That also means I added nearly 900 cards from other years.  A big chunk of those were because I picked up all of the Cubs cards from O-Pee-Chee.

The growth of the number of brands hasn't  been quite as steady.  Every now and then I get in the mood to add a bunch.  You see a big jump in 2019.  Most of those were the MSA disc sets.  In 2020 a slew of sticker sets were added.  The brand total now stands at 308.

If you are curious about the collection, you can take a look at the spreadsheet here.  The cards are sorted by alphabetically by player, then year and then set.

No comments:

Post a Comment