Friday, January 6, 2023

Now That the Holidays are Over...

 ...I have the 2022 Holiday Cubs set.  The set came out on the last day of November, but it has taken a while for me to get the Cubs cards.  There are six Cubs among the 200 cards.

 
 

 

Ethan Roberts has been showing up in several of the later Topps sets, including Holiday.  He pitched in nine April games before an elbow injury put him out of action for the rest of the season.  He had Tommy John surgery in mid-July.  

So recapping, he was hurt in late April and didn't pitch since then.  He had TJ surgery in July and yet Topps included him in the Holiday set.  Surely they don't have a print deadline for Holiday early enough where they weren't aware of this.

1 comment:

  1. Topps checklists mystify me. I think they just have a mind set of putting players in that they went regardless of what the player did.

    I believe it is because of the 3 series - they keep trying to save rookies for each series. Michael Harris came up at the end of May and never made it into a set (not even update).

    They use Ethan Roberts because he pitched in April.

    The 2022 design has grown on me.

    ReplyDelete