Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Other Colors?

 After writing yesterday's Red post, I looked through all my sets for other colors.

Using ROYGBIV (did you learn about ROY G BIV in elementary school science for the colors of the rainbow?), let's see what I have.

R - Red - see yesterday

O - Orange - no sets with Green in the name

Y - Yellow - no sets with Green in the name

G - Green - no sets with Green in the name

B - Blue - no sets with Green in the name

I - Indigo - no sets with Green in the name

V- Violet - no sets with Green in the name

Nothing, nada, not a single other color set besides the red!

Other colors?  Purple?  Nope.

The only other color sets I found have the word "Gold."



These three are from Gold Label, Golden Press, and Meadow Gold.

I really thought that I had more sets with colors in their names.  Did I miss something?  Anyone got any other color brands?

4 comments:

  1. Drawing a blank. The only one is Black Diamond, but as my students would correct me... black is not a color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm aware of that set but I don't have those cards... and I won't unless I win the lottery!

      Delete
  3. Well, some people do refer to the series of 1951 Topps as the "Red Backs" and "Blue Backs"....

    ReplyDelete