Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!!

Mrs. WW always wanted a theme tree, so this year we did it!  I've shown pictures of the tree with just lights and one ornament in previous posts.


This is the completed tree....a red C and an assortment of Cubs ornaments inside the C.


The top row are Starting Lineup figures.  I put a small eyelet through their helmets and voila, it's an ornament suitable for hanging.  From left to right that's Billy Williams, Ernie Banks, Andre Dawson, and Sammy Sosa.

The next row has the glass ornaments, from 2016, 1984, Wrigley Field, and 2003.

On the bottom are another glass one with the logo, a snowman and a snowflake.

We usually have a tree full of other ornaments, but once every 108 years we can go with fewer.

2 comments:

  1. My boys got me a stained glass Cubs star topper for my birthday in November. And a friend bought me a World Series Champs ball ornament. I'll be on the lookout for a small, tabletop tree that will be the designated Cubs tree (until I need a full-size one of course).

    I saw somebody selling the SLU figures as ornaments on eBay. Nice cheap craft to help fill out the tree!

    ReplyDelete