Thursday, December 15, 2016

My Most Expensive Modern Card

I bit the bullet and overpaid.

I paid more for this modern card than I've ever paid for any other modern card.  In fact, it was the most I've paid for anything, modern or vintage, other than Ernie Banks' rookie, and T206s of Tinker, Evers, and Chance.


The Kris Bryant card from 2015 Topps Finest was short printed and has become one of his most sought-after rookie cards.  He won the Rookie of the Year last year and the price never came down.  He won the MVP this year and the price never came down.

Who knows what he'll do next year?  I figured I might as well grab the card while copies are still out there. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't picked up too many cards the past two years so I haven't even seen this card. But the first thing that jumped out at me was the lack of jersey number from the front of the jersey. It just looked weird.

    No helmet so probably not batting practice or a game. Some kind of minor league or Team USA home run derby airbrushed into a Cubs uniform?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And horrible shop job at that. So much wrong...

    http://sports.cbsimg.net/images//visual/whatshot/prflm14dxz5o5uhvjel34110rCHC.gif

    1) Wrong shade of gray for a road uniform
    2) Missing number
    3) Font too small
    4) CHICAGO missing white border
    5) Missing pants logo
    6) Missing Majestic logo under sleeve patch

    I couple of those can be forgiven, but the lack of a number is jarring.

    ReplyDelete