Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Wrapping Up The 2019 Flagship Base Cards

I can wrap up the flagship set now that I have Update in hand.  I'll have the base set recap today, the inserts on Wednesday, and I'll put them all together on Thursday.

The Cubs netted a total of 39 base cards.  Its down a bit from the previous two years, which each had 42 cards.  That a drop, but not a significant one.

Among the 39 cards, there are...
  • 12 with a horizontal layout
  • 27 vertical layout
  • 1 team card
  • 3 combo cards
  • 1 League Leader
  • 3 All-Star cards
  • 31 different players, including 3 HOF photo variations
  • 17 players on the Cubs 40 man roster today
  • 11 no longer on the roster
  • 2 players that never played an inning for the 2019 Cubs
  • 20 pictures taken at Wrigley Field
  • 19 pictures on the road

 





1 comment:

  1. I'm still in disbelief that Johnny Field was given a Cubs card. Topps is really milking the RC logo as much as they can.

    ReplyDelete