Monday, August 30, 2021

2021 Allen & Ginter Historic Hits Cubs

 Topps has not put many normal-sized baseball insert sets into Allen and Ginter and that was the case in 2021.  Today I've got the Cubs from one of the two sets, Historical Hits.

The set is just as it's name implies, cards commemorating baseball hits that were historically significant.  Two Cubs hits were included.


The Sosa hit was his 66th (and final) home run in 1998.  I wouldn't consider it all that significant.  It was the second highest single season home run total, but, is second all that significant.  There is a Mark McGwire card in the set and that is all we needed for 1998.


No question here, that this card deals with an historic hit.  Zobrist's 10th inning RBI double in game 7 is arguably the most historic hit in Cubs history.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big A&G fan, but I have a feeling I'll be scooping up the Zobrist card.

    ReplyDelete