Friday, August 6, 2021

Vintage Finally Complete!

 I started putting together the Cubs team sets from Upper Deck's Vintage in January, 2020.  I was able to get almost all of the cards from the 2001 - 2004 run of the brand within a month.  All I needed was three cards to complete the run.  It took 19 months, but I was finally able to knock off the set.


This is the final piece of the puzzle, the 2004 Sosa 3D Sluggers card.  Upper Deck made the set difficult to complete by including the 3D cards in the base set instead of as an insert set.  They were also short-printed.  In fact, all three of the cards I was missing were 3D, one from 2003 and two from 2004.

This card was the first time I ever saw one listed on Ebay.  It was a BIN and was offered at a very reasonable price.  I clicked as soon as I saw it.

All 56 Cubs from the run of Vintage are now in my collection.  They fit nicely into an 8 x 7 mosaic.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats!
    Kind of weird putting a 3D card into a vintage like product. No?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Upper Deck was ripping off Topps designs, I guess they figured that there's no harm in ripping off Kelloggs too.;

    ReplyDelete