Tuesday, August 24, 2021

2021 Allen & Ginter Mini Relic Cubs Cards.

 The mini relics in the Ginter sets were my favorite of all the different relic cards.  They always had a unique looking frame around a mini relic card.  From 2006 - 2001 they were the only type of relic in Ginter. The full sized relics first appeared along side the minis in 2013.

If you reread my first sentence, you'll notice that I said the mini relics were my favorite relics instead of are.  The nasty looking 2021 design is the reason for that.

 


It's not the fact that the three Cubs in the set are the big three that were traded away, though it does sting a bit to see them again in Cubs uniforms.  What turned me off is the ugly green border.  

 


Ginter has usually had a cool, funky border.  That green border is nasty.  I sure hope that Topps does better next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment