Thursday, August 12, 2021

1985 Jox is Now Complete

 It's weird how I went over a year plus with no leads on either of the two Cubs discs from the 1985 Jox set and then within the span of two months I was able to get both.

Disc one, belonging Rick Sutcliffe, came in late May.  The second of the two Cubs was Ryne Sandberg.  I didn't think I'd ever see one.  I assumed that Sandberg collectors have snapped them up.  I've never seen one listed on eBay.

I still haven't.  Mine came from an eBay seller who sold me some other discs a while back.  He said he had others that he hadn't listed and asked what I was looking for. I gave him my roster of missing discs.  He had a few, which I bought.  He also said he'd keep an eye out for any of the others.

A couple of weeks ago he emailed, saying he found a Jox Sandberg.  I let him know I still needed it, we worked out a price, and...


... I have it...


and I have the Cubs set completed!

One other thing I should point out is that these discs are not the same size and the ones put out by MSA in the late '70s.

They are a bit smaller.  This is the Jox Sandberg on top of a 1977 disc.  The diameter of the Jox disc is 1 3/8" smaller than the older ones.



1 comment:

  1. Cool to see Sandberg on one of these MSA discs. Didn't know they utilized this design into the mid 80's. Just discovered they made one for Gwynn. I totally want one for my collection.

    ReplyDelete