Tuesday, December 21, 2021

1982 FBI Steve Henderson

 Today's card is one that I picked up recently using some Ebay gift cards I got for my birthday.  It's a card that has been I my most wanted list for a while.  

When I first saw the listing for an FBI set, I assumed with was put out by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.  Several police departments have put out sets over the years, so why not the FBI too.

Instead, FBI Foods of Canada partnered with MSA to put out a disc set.  The discs came two to a panel on the bottom of a Bantam drink box.  

Since the discs were on the bottom of the box, they are not easy to find in good condition.  I was able to buy a complete intact box.



They're in really good shape.  I probably had to pay more for the bottom since the Cubs Steve Henderson is partnered with Hall of Famer Rod Carew.  

I'm not planning on cutting up the box since it is worth more intact that what I could get for the two discs individually.  


Instead, I did a digital trim job.


3 comments:

  1. Nice pickup. Seen those occasionally but they are always $$$'s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this set with your readers. Never seen or heard of these before. Very cool. I just saw the checklist on Beckett and there are a few cards I love to eventually track down.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those drinks! Mostly that if I didn't use a straw that they'd always taste like foil because of the foil cover. Don't recall having ever come across those cards though

    ReplyDelete