Thursday, July 7, 2022

2022 Cubs Scorecard

 I picked up a copy of the Cubs 2022 scorecard when I was at the game last Thursday.  I wonder how much longer they will continue to sell them?  It used to be that you got the scorecard from a stand located right inside the gate.  I didn't see any scorecard stands.  I got my card from the team store.


The cover is identical to last year's, with just a little updating with the date.  The marketing department didn't put a whole lot of time into it.  That's a real shame when you consider just how awesome that cards looked back in the Otis Shepard days.

Below is a mosaic with all of the Cubs scorecards from 1947, with Shepard's first cover, to the present.

2 comments:

  1. The last time I was at Wrigley field, I was keeping score and several people asked me what I was doing. I just don't think the younger fan has ever kept score or actually follow the game without a cell phone to occupy their time. I am not surprised that they don't have scorecards anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, too bad they had essentially the same card back to back.

    ReplyDelete