Monday, July 18, 2022

Me vs. Series Two

 I've made Topps 2022 cards for each of the players that have taken the field for the Cubs this year.  Among them are cards of players that later got their own official Topps card in series two.  Today I'll be putting my cards along side Topps to see who did a better job.

Four players got their first real 2022 Topps card after I made my homemade version.  They are below, with my card on the left or on top, then the Topps card on the right or bottom

 
I try to use pictures that show some personality and I also try to use the blue pinstripes.  With Nico Hoerner, I think I have a win


My card has a actual picture of Madrigal in the home uniform while Topps has a photoshop uniform.  I win again.

 
I have Ortega celebrating a walk off home run on August 23, 2021, while Topps has him bunting.  Home runs beat bunts, and I win again.

 
I'll take the Schwindel high-five over the swing.

I say that I beat Topps 4-0.  Your score?



2 comments:

  1. Took me a moment to think how I HAVE two of those cards when I haven't gotten any Series 2 yet. But I pulled the Hoerner and Madrigal from my box of Opening Day.

    I think I'd give Topps a slight win for the Hoerner, but your Ortega is MUCH better. I'll give you the Madrigal too, and the Schwindel is pretty much a draw, both versions are solid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only card from Topps that I like is the Hoerner card. But I agree your card shows some personality.

    ReplyDelete