Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Personal Request

I have a special request of you...

This is my 9-year-old son Sean in his little league uniform (I know, its the Indians, there isn't a Cubs team in the league). And check out his stirrups - he was the only kid in the entire league that wore them, but dad insisted - you have to look like a real ballplayer!



On Easter Sunday, while jumping on a trampoline with his big brother and a cousin, Sean found out that there should only be one person jumping at a time.

This is what his left arm looked like...and turn away if you are squeamish.



You can see the upper bone (the humorous) is not even close to being where it should be. Sean won't be playing baseball for a while. He had surgery to set the arm Sunday night. They had to put two pins in the bone to get it back to where it should be. He's recovering, but in a lot of pain.

Here is my request....would any of you be willing to send a few baseball cards to Sean? He is always very interested when I get a bubble mailer, but also a little bummed that there was no mail for him. I'm sure it would really make him feel better if there was some mail for him, especially if there were some baseball cards in the envelope, just like dad gets.

If you'd be willing to help, just drop me an email and I'll get you our address. Thanks so much for cheering up a bummed out boy!

4 comments:

  1. Consider it done - and I have your address.
    Let Sean know to hang in there and "there's always next year" !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to. I'll send you an email tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete