Wednesday, April 29, 2020

1970 Topps T206 Cards

Last time with this!  I have a soft spot in my heart for 1970 Topps because it is the first set that I collected in serious numbers.

I've tried making 1970 cards before but always was unhappy with the player name font.  I know that it is Kauffman, but even when making it bold, it wasn't as thick as what Topps used.  Recently though, I found a way to thicken it up and can now make a nearly spot-on duplicate of the Topps font.

I put my new found skill to work with the T206 cards and here you go....

 




4 comments:

  1. Oooooooh. I like the look of these even more! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good too, but I liked the 89' UD better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very effective mashup of two designs which I wouldn't have thought would go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Now we need 1970 Cubs cards for Jim Colborn, Joe Decker, Cleo James, and maybe Milt Pappas and Joey Pep!

    ReplyDelete