Monday, November 14, 2022

An Action Packed Few Days

 I picked up the Cubs cards from the 1992 Action Packed set back in 2010.

 

 


The set has 168 cards issued in two series.  Oddly, all the Cubs cards come from the first series and they were shut out of series two.

After I picked up the Cubs cards, I scanned them, put them in a binder, and figured I was done.

Thirteen years later I find out I wasn't done at all.  There are three other Action Packed parallel sets that I had somehow missed.  I spent some time and money recently getting those cards.  You'll see them over the next few days.

Today's parallel is the Amoco / Coke set.  Cards were given as a premium at your local Amoco dealer.  Remember when gas stations used to give things away?  Or when they used to pump the gas for you?  And clean your windshield?  I digress.

You could also get a complete set by mail through Coke. The set consists of 18 cards from Action Packed's first series.  Billy Williams was the lone Cub among the 18.


The front of the cards are identical to the base Action Packed set.


The backs are the same except for the addition of the Coke and Amoco logos in the bottom right hand corner.  The card numbers changed for some of the players if they were # 19-84 in the first series.  Billy is #18 in both sets.

2 comments:

  1. I live in New Jersey, so they still pump the gas for me! They don't give me free stuff or clean the windshield, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, forgot all about this set - it was a time of the big set explosions. Action Packed was always some nice sturdy cards.

    ReplyDelete