Monday, November 7, 2022

Manny Has Great Penmanship

 

I showed this Fan Favorite card of Manny Trillo on Friday.  I didn't talk about how nice his autograph is.  Very legible and a bit stylish too.

It wasn't always this way.  I looked back at a couple of other cards I have from his playing days that included a facsimile autograph.


The signature on the 1977 Topps card is pretty messy.


This Jewel Food picture, also from 1977, has a totally different signature and it is much neater and is also closer to what is on the Archives card.  It looks like, even back in 1977, he was improving his autograph and making it legible.  Good for you, Manny!


1 comment:

  1. I'm actually impressed that Manny's signature has remained this consistent over four plus decades. I was still printing in 1977, but my signature in 1987 looks way different than it does today.

    ReplyDelete