Thursday, November 3, 2022

Why Not? It's the Only One

 I'm not into getting my cards graded.  I've never sent one in to get entombed in plastic.  My preference is to be able to touch the card.

I do have a few graded cards that I bought and I recently picked up another.

This is Darwin Barney's Topps rookie card and its from the limited edition factory set.  And you can see that it is a Gem Mint 10.  I checked the PSA registry and there is only one graded 10 from this set for Barney.  Now I have it.

The card came from eBay.  It was listed as an auction with a starting bid of 99¢.  I paid more than that, but less than the price to get the card graded. That was a good deal.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not that into graded cards either, but have a few my first one or two were either gifted or part of trades and a few I actually purchased on purpose like the 1971 Milk Duds NNO Frank Howard full box grade EX-5 but mismarked as card #1..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topps hooked up Barney with a great looking rookie card. Congratulations on your purchase.

    ReplyDelete