Thursday, May 18, 2017

2017 Topps Bunt Cubs

For the second year in a row Topps has created a physical Bunt set.  I've never had any interest in the digital cards, so I'm happy to have physical cards that I can hold in my hand and slip into a binder.

The set consists of 200 base cards and several insert sets.  Today I'll have the base cards and tomorrow it will be the inserts.

There are 11 Cubs among the 200 players in the base set.  All eight of the regular position players plus three starters were included.  That's a pretty decent representation!

As far as the design of the cards goes, its a pretty nice looking card.    You get the name, team, position, and team logo.  The only thing I'm unsure of is the slash that runs through each of the players.  What is that supposed to be?  Ditch that and we're good.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You know I'm partial to Ivy cards but that Zobrist really pops!

    And I like the detail you can see on the ball on the Baez card. Usually the ball is just a blur or in somebody's hand.

    Nice looking set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Topps Bunt the (new) old Topps. Liking it more and more.

    ReplyDelete