Saturday, November 10, 2018

Wrapping Up Topps 2018 - The Inserts

Here's part two...

The base yielded 39 Cubs cards.  The number of inserts was more than double that, coming in at 91 cards.  Am I showing my age if I say that I remember when there was just one or two insert sets and they added three or four more Cubs?  Am I showing my age if I say that 91 more cards is ridiculous?

The 91 cards are spread among 14 different insert sets...

  • 1983 - 15 cards (4 All Star, 2 Rookie, 9 base)
  • Kris Bryant Highlights - 30
  • Don't Blink - 1
  • Future Stars - 4
  • Home Run Challenge - 3
  • Instant Impact - 1
  • An International Affair - 5
  • Legends in the Making - 7
  • Longball Legends - 4
  • MLB Awards - 2
  • Opening Day - 1
  • Postseason Preeminence - 3
  • Salute - 12
  • Superstar Sensation - 3
Kris Bryant was the most popular in the inserts, even if you don't card the 30 cards from the Bryant Highlight sets.  In addition to those, he was in another twelve cards.  Rizzo was next, with ten, followed by Russell (7), and Baez (6).

1 comment: