Monday, July 24, 2023

Pat Hughes is in the Hall of Fame!

Click on the picture to see Pat's induction speech

 Pat Hughes became a part of baseball's Hall of Fame on Saturday when he was give the Ford C. Frick Award.  Pat has been a major league broadcaster for 41 seasons, the last 27 with the Cubs.  He is a genuinely nice person and a great broadcaster.  The award was 100% deserved.

I have three pieces of Pat Hughes mementos in my collection and I'm happy to have all of them.  I've showed all three here before, but I felt it was appropriate to show them all together again today.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Mr. Hughes! Would love to get his autograph in person. On MLB.tv you can pick which braodcast to sync with the video. I always choose the Chicago radio broadcast (670 The Score, I think). He's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of the many Cub fans who feel like Pat Hughes is part of the family. He's so good at what he does, and like you said, a genuinely nice person. So happy for him!

    ReplyDelete