Saturday, February 4, 2017

It Finally Sold


Back in August I wrote about a 2012 Heritage Darwin Barney card that was listed on Ebay.  The card was graded by PSA at 8.5.  The seller listed the card for $200 and there it sat...

...and sat...

...and sat.

The price was lowered to $150 with a best offer option and on January 27 it finally sold.

For how much?

$150.


That surprised me.  I thought it would have gone for a lower price.  Shows what I know.

I've been tracking this card on Ebay since 2012 and by my count, it is the 43rd to be sold.  2016 was a big year, with four being sold, and now one more already in 2017.  Compare that to 2014 and 2015, which had just one sold over the two years.

The recent sales have been for more money than previous years and the average price for the card is now at $94.53.  The most recent five sales average $137.  The one before that, sold in 2014 (and bought by me!) went for $24. 

Looks like I won't be getting any more at a bargain price.

3 comments:

  1. Good for the eBay seller. The power of supply and demand. I personally wouldn't pay $10 for this card unless I was guaranteed to flip it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda, collectors can be very crazy.

    ReplyDelete