Friday, November 13, 2020

L Salk's Inspiration

 

Something on L Salk's Billy Williams Unocal poster looked familiar.  I knew it as soon as I saw it.


Billy taking a swing on the right side is taken from his 1974 Topps card.

The sliding Billy on the left side looked familiar, too.  I did a little digging and found...


... the same picture on this Timeless Teams card from 2004.  Notice that there is no umpire in the original photo.  L Salk felt the need to add the umpire.  

The picture in the center is from Billy Williams Day in 1969.  A few cards have pictures from that day...



... but not the one used by Salk. I wish the cards used that picture. I like it better than the hatless Billy




1 comment:

  1. The Unocal poster is beautiful... just like Williams 74T card.

    ReplyDelete